Find your niche in our technology-driven actuarial consulting team.
Do you want to transform the world of actuarial modelling in a non-traditional consulting role?
You will have a keen interest in the use of technology to improve actuarial practice, and to drive innovation through our award-winning software Psicle. You will join close-knit and growing team, and be immersed in the journey towards the future state of actuarial practice.
We focus on transformational projects rather than audit, validation or regulatory review, so each of our engagements typically represents a unique consulting opportunity.
We are looking for a great team player and self-starter with the ability to think creatively, work autonomously and communicate clearly. You will be supported by our global team, who are always willing to share their deep and varied expertise.
You can enjoy a career growth opportunity that extends beyond borders, supporting delivery for our clients, becoming a key part of their unique and transformational journeys, and helping us to grow the business.
Take a look at What We Do to learn more about how we design market-leading processes and delivery highly optimised solutions. Our Case Studies are illustrative of our reach and impact, and our Career Stories will provide insight into the valuable and rewarding role played by our Actuarial Consulting team.
Qualifications, skills & experience
- Studying towards becoming a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries or equivalent, with demonstrated exam progression.
- A mathematical, actuarial, engineering, statistical, economics, or similar type-based degree, minimum 2:1.
- You will have some experience working in the general insurance industry, ideally able to demonstrate an understanding of GAAP/IFRS 4, Solvency II, IFRS 17 and/or reserving processes.
- Well-developed coding skills will be advantageous but not essential, for example SQL or other programming languages.
- You have a strong appreciation for the role that technology can play in businesses.
- You may have started to build an expertise or a specialism. However, you also have the ability to use your core skills and knowledge to solve problems outside of your experience.
- You are comfortable interacting with clients and communicating the results of your analysis to more senior members in the team, and to clients where necessary.
- You are self-motivated and demonstrate curiosity and inquisitiveness in your work.
- You care deeply about helping the team succeed and about delivering a high-quality work product to the client.
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to assess and understand clients’ needs and apply appropriate actuarial techniques and principles.
- Ongoing right to work in the UK.
We don’t have a typical ‘Dynamite’ type and having an identikit team is not what we aspire to. However, there are a few things we do have in common.
- We value having deep expertise and broad knowledge of an area and rely on our collective expertise to add value to our clients.
- #ClientLove instantly resonates with every one of us in the team, and we each strive to deliver the best possible experience for each client.
- We all want to be a part of something disruptive, new and all hold the ambition to want to add our knowledge and skills to shape the way.
- Working with others is our preferred style of getting things done; we’re a tightly knit team and help each other constantly.
- We know team fit is not a one-way view, we like people that work for us to be comfortable to be themselves at work and that way, we get the best from them.
- Our people are core to our success, deeply humble humans, that together achieve outstanding success.
How to apply
Recruitment is a two-way process, so we’d love to know why this could be the place for you and what you are looking for to advance your career.
To progress your application, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, please add these to your email, so we can discuss as part of the application/initial conversation.
Agencies: We do not require sourcing support for this role at this time, we are taking direct applications only.
Dynamo respects the uniqueness of all, if you require any support to help your application shine, or to enable you to do your best through the selection process, please let us know when sending your application so we can do everything reasonable to enable you.
Closing date: 31/10/2022
Location: London, United Kingdom