Working as a key individual in an exceptional global team, this is your opportunity to join our project management function, ensuring timely and efficient product delivery to our clients.
You will be a technical Project Manager and Scrum Master, supporting the Dynamo Technology team’s product delivery from development to deployment by facilitating an effective development cycle and streamlining software delivery and operations. This will be done through improving collaboration between Dev and DevOps teams and other internal stakeholders such as the client engagement and the consulting teams as well as by ensuring we make effective use of our developer resources.
Working with a close-knit team, you will have the opportunity to learn from the talent and expertise of our people, as well as working on a variety of exciting transformative projects that have a real impact with our clients.
Skills & qualifications
- Key Design Decision (KDD).
- Able to understand overarching goals and targets, create granular plans to meet these and finds satisfaction in seeing tasks through to completion.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills; able to tailor and communicate priorities, requirements, and timelines with both technical and non-technical audiences of different levels.
- Attitude of continuous improvement, supporting internal initiatives to enable efficiency, product bug busting, improve process, systems, and governance.
- Experience in managing delivery of projects from initial requirements, development, UAT to delivery.
- Experience in managing regular operational processes, creating plans, tracking against set deadlines, and reporting against key matrices.
- Intellectually curious, able to learn quickly and anticipate needs where possible.
- Sound decision making skills, able to provide challenge when needed.
- You hold a degree, or equivalent, with strong numeric ability ideally with competence in Excel.
- Desirable, but not essential:
- Project management qualification (PMP, PRINCE2, Agile, Scrum or equivalent).
Software Development Management
- Maintain and configure activity dashboards so senior stakeholders can have visibility of development activities.
- Facilitate sprint planning meetings.
- Manage delivery timelines as per the roadmap.
- Work closely with developers with a good understanding of what they are working on.
- Communicate business logic, requirements, and objectives between the technical teams and the rest of the business.
- Analyse key technical product performance indicators (KPIs) to assess effectiveness and optimize system performance.
- Track progress on roadmap items (e.g., Gantt).
- Manage developer resources effectively.
- Facilitate fast resolution of blockers.
- Help enforce and facilitate development standards and TDD, BDD, Spec Flow, continuous delivery, Agile.
- Develop a good understanding of the product to triage urgent requests effectively.
- Work effectively with the product owner and director to enable effective building of their vision for the product.
- Communicate constraints or issues that will cause the roadmap not to be delivered.
- Continuously improve project management processes, tools, and frameworks to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Foster a collaborative and positive work environment, promoting teamwork and professional growth within the technical product management team.
Project managing Operations development and delivery:
- Manage Psicle Portal and other DevOps automation functionality as done under Software Development Management.
- Setting and communicating timelines around installations/deployments and upgrades.
- Monitor services that become out of date with the latest functionality.
Acting as liaison with the Consulting Team in:
- Assist in triaging customer-side issues and determining whether they belong to Ops, Dev, or Consulting.
- Ensuring Dev/Ops teams are kept informed and engaged in large consulting projects.
- Inform consulting teams of new Psicle features and progress on delivery of roadmap items – also providing input into the quarterly newsletter.
- Liaise with appropriate project leads in each client ticket for better coordination.
Working with the Client Engagement Team:
- Design customer communication processes regarding system events.
- Taking feedback from Ops regarding server performance back to the client team or customer.
- Assist Ops manager in overseeing the process of notifying customers of maintenance, downtime, backups, etc.
- Oversee the process of communicating breaking changes and bugs found – ensuring awareness is created on Ops / Consulting of breaking changes or fixes that will impact numbers or functionality as part of the rollout.
Helpdesk and Operations Support:
- Making our Service Level Agreements (SLAs) better and tracking the time we spend on each client – for Azure Server and Psicle Helpdesk SLAs.
- Monitoring hours beyond contracted time (our contracts allow us to charge £100 per hour but we do not usually do this).
- Assisting with the scheduling of our 24-hour SLA.
- Reviewing helpdesk performance based on acknowledgment and resolution Providing playback to the business our success with keeping our customers satisfied.
- Review client communication: from tickets logged, including server downtime notifications.
- Identify repeat product tickets, for submission to product backlog on remediation action.
- Involved with client-specific helpdesk slack channels to ensure important notifications are picked up ASAP.
- Enjoys working hard; is action orientated, gets needed stuff done, finds a way regardless of barriers, able to manage their energy and that of others.
- Spends their time and the time of others on what is important; is quick to triage with clarity on business- critical activity; can cancel out the noise of other people’s sense of urgency and priority and eliminate roadblocks.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure, able to make a quick decision to deliver for the client, even if it means offering an alternative action.
- Dedicated to creating clear expectations with internal and external customers, frequently meets and exceeds these; Shares knowledge and insights of client needs internally to allow application to broader client solution.
- Able to say “no” and reframe expectations professionally.
How to apply
Recruitment is a two-way process, so we’d love to know why this could be the place for you and what you are looking for to advance your career.
To progress your application, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
If you have questions, please add these to your email, so we can discuss as part of the application/initial conversation.
Agencies: We do not require sourcing support for this role at this time, we are taking direct applications only.
Dynamo respects the uniqueness of all, if you require any support to help your application shine, or to enable you to do your best through the selection process, please let us know when sending your application so we can do everything reasonable to enable you.
Closing date: 15/03/2024
Location: Stellenbosch, South Africa