A fantastic growth opportunity within our international business, as we bring IT functions in-house.
Dynamo has gone from strength to strength, winning awards, building reputational credibility and growing our client portfolio – in size, complexity and geography.
With this complexity comes the ongoing need to further enhance our established process, systems and security to enable the businesses growth and maintain that reputation.
As the of Information Technology Manager, you will manage and develop all internal IT processes across the entire estate, in all geographies and regions. You will be responsible for the effective operation and control of security systems and processes to protect our business.
You will ideally have worked within a FinTech start-up or a professional services company, and have served large, multinational companies. You would therefore have an appreciation of the types of client standards we would need to comply with in our engagements.
We currently outsource much of our estate to an IT company and we want to bring in-house the management of our own client and internal information. We recently implemented ISO27001 after a 2-year project, and this requires someone to maintain and drive continuous improvement in the business.
This is a great role for someone with good IT expertise that wants to expand and grow their career within an international business – and make the role their own. The role will benefit from working closely with our cutting-edge operations and development teams who develop and deploy our market-leading and award-winning software application, Psicle.
The position offers international exposure with the potential to grow into a group function oversight role.
- In consultation with the business, lead on implementing, supporting, and maintaining the portfolio of enterprise applications, continually reviewing business applications for opportunities to deliver improvements to efficiency and business practices.
- Leading / driving or contributing to projects and transformation work, including maintaining certification standards (ISO27001) and contributing to continuous improvement of our Information Security Management System.
- Responsible for continuously improving the firm’s cyber security.
- Responsible for the on-going compliance with data protection legislation from a technology perspective, across all territories (with knowledge of European GDPR Regulation and POPI in SA).
- Ensure all technology policies are fit for purpose, aligned to company and client requirements.
- Ensure associated processes are understood and embedded across all levels of the company, that records to ensure training of IT and data related policies are in place, understood and adhered to by all employees across the company.
- Managing key relationships with vendors and 3rd party providers, such as our outsourced 1st line helpdesk support.
- Ensuring appropriate proactive monitoring, testing and patching practices are followed.
- Working closely with other teams in System Architecture, Test, Development and Change and Release management to ensure the security of applications we develop and deliver to clients.
- In conjunction with the Executive Team, continuously improve the company’s information security strategy.
- Working closely with our operations team and assisting with configuring and monitoring cloud infrastructure (on Azure cloud).
- Managing our internet cloud folder resources, mainly on SharePoint, including user groups, access rules and alerts.
- Management and procurement of IT office equipment, including laptops, internet, etc., in line with compliance standards.
- Providing technical direction and coaching to team members.
- Contribute positively to the Information Security Posture of the organisation, including arranging training, running simulation campaigns and interacting with external security teams where needed.
- Hold a degree or equivalent or other relevant qualification in IT.
- Beneficial to have a current professional qualification or Azure accreditation in a relevant IT related field.
- Have demonstrable technical expertise with a proven delivery record including delivering sophisticated business enabling ICT solutions that meet the needs of business and stakeholders.
- Have an up to date understanding of current developments within relevant technologies including ERP, CRM, mobile technologies, digital service delivery, telephony, network security, cyber security, disaster recovery and business continuity, with an understanding of ITIL processes beneficial.
- Be able to evidence effective procurement and management of ICT contracts and third-party suppliers.
- Have experience of managing change, across a complex, multi-site, global business.
- Professional security management certification or equivalent.
- Significant experience working at a Head of IT or Senior Manager level role in a global team in insurance, financial or data sectors.
- Extensive knowledge of technology infrastructure platforms and architecture, including Azure Active Directory and Azure Cloud Resources.
- Extensive knowledge of asset health management, service resilience and availability for critical systems.
How to apply
Recruitment is a two-way process, so we’d love to know why this could be the place for you and what you are looking for to advance your career.
To progress your application, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. If you have questions, please add these to your email, so we can discuss as part of the application/initial conversation.
Agencies: We do not require sourcing support for this role at this time, we are taking direct applications only.
Dynamo respects the uniqueness of all, if you require any support to help your application shine, or to enable you to do your best through the selection process, please let us know when sending your application so we can do everything reasonable to enable you.
Closing date: 31/03/2023
Location: Stellenbosch, South Africa