An amazing opportunity for a candidate with an interest in model building, automation and optimisation.
We are looking for candidates with an interest in model building, automation and model optimisation in order to provide our team with insightful and actionable intelligence as well as enhancing our software offering and client delivery.
Our ideal candidate is someone who brings a natural passion for efficient data wrangling together with the ability to effectively engage with our clients to understand their business requirements. This provides a link to our consulting team, and ensures transformed data is optimised and fit for purpose.
You will become a subject matter expert in model building, promoting best practice across the Dynamo group of companies, interacting with clients and colleagues alike.
Typical activities undertaken in this role might include:
- Model building, documentation, monitoring, testing, optimisation using our SQL based software, Psicle.
- Data transformation, ensuring client data is transformed in an optimal manner for application and analysis
- Systems integration and data flow optimisation
- Regular collaboration with colleagues and clients, working across multi-disciplined teams
Qualifications, skills & experience
- High-calibre graduates with a quantitative degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or a similar subject (with a Merit or above preferable).
- Relevant experience or knowledge gained through an internship, or research or dissertation, will be an advantage.
- Coding and modelling skills, including an understanding of SQL and ability to quickly develop proficiency with unfamiliar software platforms
- A passion to drive continuous performance efficiency improvements and adoption of current best practice
- A collaborative and proactive approach with effective communication skills, including the ability to engage with relevant stakeholders both with clients as well as within Dynamo
- The following experience will be helpful but not essential:
- Experience working with visualisation tools (e.g. Power BI), building business reports and data visualisations
- Experience of Alteryx, Tableau, KNIME or similar tools
- Additional coding skills, for example Python, R or similar techniques
- Full right to work in South Africa
- Enjoys working smart and efficient; is action orientated and full of energy.
- Pursues everything with energy an excellency; seldom gives up before finishing and stays with the team to the finish line.
- Picks up technology quickly; gains new knowledge and applies to practice; applies to make efficiencies in role; shares broader if applicable.
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement.
- Genuinely cares about people. Is available and ready to help; demonstrates empathy for the joy and pain of others; accessible and proactive in being so available and ready to help.
- Has a positive and constructive sense of humor, and can use humor to ease tension, drive motivation and create connections with people.
How to apply
Recruitment is a two-way process, so we’d love to know why this could be the place for you and what you are looking for to advance your career.
To progress your application, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
If you have questions, please add these to your email, so we can discuss as part of the application/initial conversation.
Agencies: We do not require sourcing support for this role currently, we are taking direct applications only.
Dynamo respects the uniqueness of all, if you require any support to help your application shine, or to enable you to do your best through the selection process, please let us know when sending your application so we can do everything reasonable to enable you.
Closing date: 31/10/2022
Location: Stellenbosch, South Africa