An exciting opportunity for a bright and talented graduate with an interest in actuarial best practice
We are an international consulting firm of actuaries, software developers and data experts. We are passionate about understanding how the world of business-critical modelling is evolving, and we apply our mathematical skills, professional expertise and intelligent automation software to deliver actuarial and financial modelling solutions for our forward-thinking clients.
There are two key components to the business; the consulting team who advise our clients on actuarial, financial and statistical modelling, and our software team who continue to develop our innovative enterprise modelling platform Psicle. We are therefore able to provide our clients with a unique and complementary offering of a software solution and actuarial advice.
We work as a single close-knit team across the UK, France, Norway, South Africa and Australia, where everyone has the opportunity to add real value to both our clients and our growing business. It is the team’s talent, expertise, collaboration and enthusiasm that makes Dynamo a great place to learn, grow and thrive.
We have an opportunity for a bright and talented candidate looking to join the actuarial consulting world at a graduate level in our Melbourne office. We will consider students in their final year of an actuarial or STEM degree more broadly (including any postgraduate studies), who are ready to begin full time employment in January 2024.
Working on the actuarial consulting side of Dynamo, you will join a supportive, close-knit and growing team, designing and delivering on modelling requirements for critical insurance processes such as reserving, reporting, capital and pricing. You’ll benefit from mentorship, study support and Dynamo’s learning & development program, as well as exposure to global best practice from collaboration with international colleagues and clients.
Dynamo’s unique business model means that future opportunities abound, on either the actuarial consulting or the software/data analytics engineering sides of the business, depending on what is the best fit. As you work across a range of projects, you will build on the foundational knowledge gained in your studies through application, transitioning that knowledge into applied competency and building capability on which to progress your career.
Qualifications, skills & experience
- In your final year of an actuarial, mathematical, engineering, statistical or similar degree.
- The intention to progress towards qualification with the Actuaries Institute (or equivalent).
- The ability to learn quickly, and to use your core skills and knowledge to solve problems outside of your experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, for interacting with clients and communicating the results of your analysis to more senior members in the team.
- An appreciation for, or desire to learn about, the role that technology can play in businesses.
- Strong Excel, SQL and/or R skills would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Full right to work and remain in Australia.
- Pursues everything with enthusiasm and stays with the team to the finish line.
- Enjoys learning new techniques and can apply quickly to practice.
- A willingness to tackle unfamiliar problems; a versatile learner; open to change; analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement.
- Genuinely cares about people. Is available and ready to help; demonstrates empathy for the joy and pain of others; accessible and proactive.
- Has humility and a positive sense of humour to help connect with others, ease tensions and motivate.
How to apply
- Please submit a cover letter telling us why Dynamo is the right fit for you, your resume and your current academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close on the 5th of March 2023.
- If you have questions, please add these to your email, so we can discuss as part of the application/initial conversation.
We look forward to talking with you about your future career!
Closing date: 05/03/2023
Location: Melbourne, Australia