Actuarial Graduate, September 2023
An incredible career opportunity for an entry-level actuarial candidate with an interest in technology.
We have an opportunity for a bright and talented entry-level candidate with an interest in the use of technology to improve actuarial practice.
Working primarily on the consulting side of Dynamo, you will join a close-knit and growing team, assessing and delivering to client requirements across reserving, reporting, capital modelling and pricing.
You will support the team as we deliver professional advice based on rigorous, data-driven analysis, as well as building technical models for in-production insurance processes. In addition, you will contribute to developing the company’s technology proposition by collaborating with our actuarial software development and data analytics engineering teams.
You will become part of our local and international team of analysts, with mentorship from our senior consulting team, who are always willing to share their deep and varied expertise. As you work across a range of projects, you will build on the foundational knowledge gained in your studies through application, transitioning that knowledge into core applied competency and building capability to progress your actuarial career.
You can enjoy career growth opportunities that extend beyond borders, supporting delivery for our clients, becoming a key part of their unique and transformational journeys, and helping us to grow the business.
Take a look at Tom’s career story to find out more from one of our graduates.
Qualifications, skills & experience
- An actuarial, mathematical, engineering, statistical or similar degree with excellent grades.
- The intention to progress towards Fellowship with the Actuaries Institute (or equivalent), for which you will have access to our study support program.
- The ability to learn quickly, and to use your core skills and knowledge to solve problems outside of your experience.
- A strong appreciation for the role that technology can play in businesses, either through formal studies in areas such as data analytics or computer science, or through interests such as coding.
- A strong self‐starter and able to demonstrate curiosity and inquisitiveness in your work.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, for interacting with and delivering high-quality work to clients, as well as for communicating the results of your analysis to more senior members in the team.
- A collaborative nature, with a strong desire to contribute to team success.
- Knowledge of SQL, R or SAS would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Full right to work and remain in the UK.
- Enjoys working hard; is action orientated and full of energy.
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing and stays with the team to the finish line.
- Picks up technology quickly; gains new knowledge and applies to practice; applies to make efficiencies in role; shares broader if applicable.
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement.
- Genuinely cares about people. Is available and ready to help; demonstrates empathy for the joy and pain of others; accessible and proactive in being so available and ready to help.
- Has a positive and constructive sense of humour, can laugh at themselves and with others, is appropriately funny and can use humour to ease tension, drive motivation and create connection with people.
Visit our Careers page to learn more about our values, and the many great reasons to join us.
How to apply
Recruitment is a two-way process, so we’d love to know why this could be the place for you and what you are looking for to advance your career.
To progress your application, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, please add these to your email, so we can discuss as part of the application/initial conversation.
Agencies: We do not require sourcing support for this role at this time, we are taking direct applications only.
Dynamo respects the uniqueness of all, if you require any support to help your application shine, or to enable you to do your best through the selection process, please let us know when sending your application so we can do everything reasonable to enable you.
Closing date: 28/02/2023
Location: London, United Kingdom