Build your actuarial career in an innovative and growing technology-led consulting team.
We are looking for an Actuarial Consultant to join us in our drive towards the transformation of actuarial and financial modelling.
You will be a nearly or recently qualified actuary with non-life experience and a keen interest in the use of technology to improve actuarial practice, and to drive innovation in our award-winning software Psicle.
You will have proven experience of directly supporting internal or external clients to deliver on and improve their actuarial processes, be a great team player and have the ability to think creatively when providing advice and solutions.
We focus on transformational projects rather than audit, validation or regulatory review, so each of our engagements typically represents a unique consulting opportunity. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a growing global team with the autonomy from day one to deliver for our clients, and to be a key part of the unique, transformational journeys of our clients.
In supporting our clients and helping to grow the business, you will enjoy a career growth opportunity that extends beyond borders.
Take a look at What We Do to learn more about how we design market-leading processes and delivery highly optimised solutions. Our Case Studies are illustrative of our reach and impact, and our Career Stories will provide insight into the valuable and rewarding role played by our Actuarial Consulting team.
Qualifications, skills & experience
- A nearly or recently qualified Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries or equivalent
- You have several years’ non-life insurance experience gained within either industry or consultancy
- You have the ability to use your core skills and knowledge to solve problems outside of your experience.
- You are comfortable interacting with clients and have established communication skills, sharing the results of your analysis to more senior members in the team, and to clients where necessary.
- You are a strong self-starter and demonstrate curiosity and inquisitiveness in your work.
- You care deeply about helping the team succeed and about delivering a high-quality work product to the client.
- You have a strong appreciation for the role that technology can play in businesses, either through formal studies in computer science/data analytics, or through hobbies such as coding. Experience with SQL will be helpful.
- A collaborative approach with a desire to enhance your skills and ability to assess and understand stakeholders’ needs.
- A desire to shape the industry and achieve real change.
- Able to contribute effectively in a small and close-knit team where no task is too big or too small.
- Ongoing right to work in the United Kingdom
We don’t have a typical ‘Dynamite’ type and having an identikit team is not what we aspire to. However, there are a few things we do have in common.
- We value having deep expertise and broad knowledge of an area and rely on our collective expertise to add value to our clients.
- #ClientLove instantly resonates with every one of us in the team, and we each strive to deliver the best possible experience for each client.
- We all want to be a part of something disruptive, new and all hold the ambition to want to add our knowledge and skills to shape the way.
- Working with others is our preferred style of getting things done; we’re a tightly knit team and help each other constantly.
- We know team fit is not a one-way view, we like people that work for us to be comfortable to be themselves at work and that way, we get the best from them.
- Our people are core to our success, deeply humble humans, that together achieve outstanding success.
How to apply
Recruitment is a two-way process, so we’d love to know why this could be the place for you and what you are looking for to advance your career.
To progress your application, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
If you have questions, please add these to your email, so we can discuss as part of the application/initial conversation.
Agencies: We do not require sourcing support for this role at this time, we are taking direct applications only.
Dynamo respects the uniqueness of all, if you require any support to help your application shine, or to enable you to do your best through the selection process, please let us know when sending your application so we can do everything reasonable to enable you.
Closing date: 31/01/2023
Location: London, United Kingdom